Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009

Hey everyone, sorry I missed yesterday. Unfortunately, office hours were long and I didn't get home til 7:30. After eating (and watching American Idol with Anne and Michelle) I dictated office notes until 1:00am. Needless to say, I wasn't about to write anything then.

Anne has had two good days in a row after some rough ones--sleepiness and even nausea. She sat outside for some time both days, and talked to a few friends as well. We've enjoyed our delivered meals enormously since they were cooked with the love of God as seasoning. We met with Dr. Ernie Balcueva tonight (our oncologist here in Saginaw) who was supportive and mapped out our treatment plan for the next 6 months. The chemo she is taking is going to be delivered in his office every other week for 12 treatments. Somewhere along the line (3 months and 6 months) Anne will get new abdominal CT scans to monitor shrinkage of the tumors. Ever want to have your life fly by quickly? I'll take 6 months right now, please. When that's over, I think Anne and I are going to have to go to Australia--we've both always wanted to go there.

I thought this would be a good Bible verse for today:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Confirmation that prayer is what we need to be doing at this time, so keep 'em coming!

God Bless,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment