Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7, 2009

Wow! I finished dictating at 11:00pm tonight. Not bad for an office day. I even got to visit with Karen Zirkle who stopped by for a while. Michelle made dinner tonight (pasta) and Anne was able to eat quite a bit of it. She even got out today. She drove to the bank and even visited the girls in my office today. It was the first time she's driven in about 3 weeks, so that was good.

Anne did have some more nausea after dinner (I didn't, so I assume the pasta was OK--sorry Michelle, just kidding) and she took a Compazine which put her right to sleep. She even missed one of her favorite TV shows--Hell's Kitchen. Thankfully, though, she is really feeling a lot better. Cards, flowers and phone calls, along with all of the prayers, have kept her cheery and positive. She was tired going out but did well with it. Michelle (who thinks she is the new supermom) did 6 loads of laundry (her own) and actually went grocery shopping today, cooked dinner and even did the dishes. Wow.

We're getting ready to go to Albion tomorrow night for Greg's graduation on Saturday. She should feel even better by Saturday, and will have an opportunity to nap at Greg's parents' house in Canton if she needs to. We will unfortunately miss Matt Zirkle's graduation from Central on Saturday. Congrats to him. Heather leaves for her school trip to Poland Saturday, so I'll have to get her to the airport in Detroit by 3:00 pm.

For some reason or another, office hours actually went by pretty quickly today. I guess I didn't look at the clock too much. A lot of patients asked me about Anne today--they miss her in the office and of course, wish her well. It may be a while before she gets back to work. The girls miss her there (and even Jason does). I keep thinking I need to somehow slow down a bit, but I can't say I know how. My practice is out of control. Every time I turn around, I get busier, and now I want to be less busy. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

I received a note from my friend Fred Lipdo and his family from Jos, Nigeria. They had come to Saginaw last year so I could operate on their daughter Salama. He brought to my attention Isiah 43:1-7. Verses 2 and 4 are wonderful: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze...you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you." He is always with us--especially when we are most vulnerable and need Him the most.

God Bless,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment